1. Where is Factor Style based?
Our office is located in beautiful Aarhus, Denmark.
2. Where are your products shipped from?
We are providing you quality products, that we have tested, from various sportswear brands, therefore warehouse locations are placed in several places worldwide.
3. Can you ship internationally or process international credit cards?
We support worldwide orders. If you are unsure, please contact us at using our contact form or reaching us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to assist you.
4. How can I pay for my order?
Factor Style accepts online payments with the following credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Paypal, Google Pay, ApplePay.
5. How long will it take me to get my order?
All orders are processed within 24 business hours and shipped within 3-5 business days.The deliveries can take up to 7-21 business days and in rare cases 30+ business days.
Denmark - items stocked in Denmark usually take between 1-3 business days to be delivered from the date they are shipped.
6. How can I check the status of my order?
We know you can't wait to receive your order, which is why we will be sure to notify you when your order ships via email.
Within a week of your order being fulfilled (shipped), you will receive notification of your tracking number by email.
7. Can I cancel or change my order?
We begin processing orders as soon as they are placed, for this reason we are unable to cancel or make changes to orders. You can read more information in our return policy page.
8. Can I exchange my order?
We do not offer exchanges at this time. If you’d like to make an exchange, simply return the unused goods back to us using the information provided in our returns page and make a new purchase for the item or items you want through our site.
9. How do I return my order?
Returns and exchanges are accepted for all items within 30 days of purchase. Please visit our returns page to initiate the returns process.
10. What do I do if my order is damaged?
We are so sorry to hear that your order arrived in less than pristine condition! Please let us make it right. Our customer service team will be more than happy to assist with processing a replacement order or issuing a refund. You may contact our customer service team here.
11. Why did I only receive part of my order?
Don't worry, it's on its way! While we do our best to ship all orders in one package, there are times when orders will ship from multiple warehouses. If you did not receive multiple tracking numbers, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.
12. I received the wrong goods, what do I do?
Although we strive for perfection, we are human and sometimes the wrong items are shipped from our warehouses. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and our customer service team is here to help make things right. Please contact our customer service team:
- email: email@example.com
- via phone +45 26 68 83 80 (Denmark)
- Monday to Friday ( from 3pm to 7pm ) and saturday ( from 9am to 1pm ) Danish time
- or our contact us page,
so that they can work to get you your goods as soon as possible.
13. How long does it take to receive an answer from Factor Style customer service?
You should expect an answer within 24 hours.
14. Where can I find product sizing information?
Product sizing varies between different brands and styles. Product size information can be found in each product page, next to the product description.
15. How do I take care of XYZ fabric?
- Acrylic knit:Most acrylic knit garments can be machine-washed. Read the label and check for the proper drying option. Some knits retain their shapes best if reshaped and dried flat.
- Cashmere: Check the care label before laundering cashmere. To hand-wash, use a mild detergent or shampoo. Gently squeeze the water through the garment, then rinse until the water runs clear. Do not wring or twist. Squeeze out excess water. To dry, lay flat on a towel, away from sunlight or heat.
- Cotton: Cotton holds up well to home laundering. Remove the garment from the dryer promptly to reduce wrinkling. Press using spray starch for the crispness of a laundered shirt.
- Cotton blend: Dry cotton-blend garments using your dryer's permanent-press or low-heat cycle and remove immediately to reduce wrinkling. Touch up with a steam iron; starch for a professionally laundered look.
- Denim: Denim should be washed with cold or warm water, inside out. If washing denim that is mixed with synthetic fabrics, always follow care directions for the more delicate fabric with which the denim is mixed. Hang denim to dry and iron on high heat.
- Flannel: Flannel can be washed in cold or warm water. However, if your flannel derives from wool, even if its washable wool, avoid the dryer completely since it can dry out its fibers. For non-washable wool flannel avoid laundering it at home and take it to the dry cleaners.
- Nylon: Machine-wash nylon garments in warm water. Use a low-temperature setting when tumble-drying and include a dryer sheet to reduce static electricity. Use a warm iron to press, if necessary.
- Polyester: Read the label. Usually polyester items can be machine-washed (cool) and dried (low). Check the label to see if air-drying is recommended. Touch up with a cool – never hot – iron, if necessary.
- Rayon: Make sure to read the care label for rayon clothing. Launder in cool water and a mild detergent. When machine-washing, use the gentle cycle and promptly remove garments after washing. When hand-washing, do not wring or twist the garment. To dry, roll the item in a towel to squeeze out excess water. Lay flat to dry. Iron when still damp and with the garment inside out to prevent the fabric from becoming shiny. Use a pressing cloth when ironing the right side of the garment. Pressing cloths can be purchased or use something as simple as a piece of white cotton fabric.
- Spandex: Use warm water when hand- or machine-washing items made with spandex. Line-dry or use a low temperature setting when machine-drying to preserve the elasticity of the garment.
- Wool knit: Typically, wool knits need to be dry-cleaned, but check the label. If hand-washable, use cool water and a detergent for fine washables. Squeeze out excess water, then reshape and dry flat.
- Wool (lined): Lined garments generally look best when professionally dry-cleaned once a season. Between dry cleanings, remove surface soil with a brush or damp cloth. Refresh the item by hanging it from a padded hanger in a steamy bathroom; moisture will help garment shed wrinkles. When touching up with an iron, use steam in an up-and-down motion (rather than sliding the iron along the fabric).